Family Immigration Header

I can help you bring your family members to the United States or have them stay in the U.S. if already present in the country. I understand that families want to stay together and wish to have the best opportunities for a better future.

U.S. citizens or permanent residents may help a relative to live and work permanently in the United States by obtaining what is commonly referred to as a "Green Card". To do so they must file a visa petition for the relative and be able to prove that they have enough income or assets to support the relative when they receive their green card.

U.S. Citizens may sponsor their spouses, children, parents, and brothers or sisters through an immigrant petition for a green card. Permanent Residents are limited to sponsor only spouses and children. The application process and time it takes before those relatives can be granted a green card depends on the specific relationship, age, and marital status.

Visa Petition for Immediate Relatives - Spouses, children under 21, and parents of U.S. citizens are considered immediate relatives who can apply for a green card without a delay. Those who are present in the U.S. at the time an immigrant petition is filed by a relative can apply to adjust status to one of a permanent resident at the same time their U.S. relative petitions them for a green card. They are also eligible to apply for employment authorization, a social security number, and U.S. driver license while waiting for their green card. Immediate Relatives who are not present in the United States when their U.S. relative files a visa petition on their behalf will have to wait until the petition is approved before they can apply for visa to immigrate at a U.S. Consulate.

Visa Petition for Preference Relatives - Eligibility of Spouses or children of permanent residents or brothers and sisters and children over 21 of U.S. citizens is determined through a preference system, ranking their eligibility for permanent resident status depending on their age and marital status as well as the immigration status of the sponsor. Those relatives often face lengthy wait times to receive a green card after sponsored by a U.S. relative. Wait times greatly depend on the specific family relationship and status of the U.S. sponsor. Please call for current processing times.

Fiancé Visa Petitions Fiancé visas (K-1) are for U.S. citizens who wish to bring their fiancés to the United States to marry. If you plan to marry a foreign national outside the United States or your fiancé is already residing legally in the United States, you do not need to file for a fiancé visa. Once arrived in the U.S, on the visa, the fiancé is given 90 days to marry. To qualify for a fiancé visa, you must have personally met the person you are planning to marry within the past two years. Please call for current time frames.

Whether you or your relative are already in the U.S. or will apply through a U.S. Consulate abroad for a Fiancé Visa or Immigrant Visa, we are well versed in communicating with any part of the world to unite your family.